- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Jan 10 2018
Benefits of Molasses
It is a dense, viscous by-product obtained from the processing of sugar cane and sugar beet into table sugar. It derives its name from the Latin word for honey, Mel. They were produced in the Caribbean, where the cultivation of sugarcane and sugar beet was highest. It is produced on a large scale in Thailand, India, Taiwan, Brazil, the Philippines, and the United States.
It is used as the sweetener in food products and also has many health benefits.
Types of Molasses
Blackstrap Molasses: It is obtained from raw cane sugar and canned sugar refining.
Cane Molasses: It is a by-product of the refining of sugar from sugar cane juice.
Sulfured Molasses: It has been extracted from young sugarcane and treated with sulphur dioxide for preservation.
Unsulfured Molasses: It is extracted from ripe sugarcane does not need sulphur and retains its rich and light flavour.
Hydrol: They are obtained from starch hydrolysis is called a hydrol.
Nutritional Value of Molasses
They contain a number of essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper, iron, phosphorus, chromium, cobalt, and sodium. It contains carbohydrates and it contains sugars as well. It is very low in both fat and fibre.
Benefits of Molasses
- It has antioxidants that protect the body against the oxidative damage associated with cancer, cardiovascular disorders, and degenerative diseases.
- It is a good source of iron and is very effective for menstruating women who are major risk of iron deficiency due to blood loss.
- It has polyphenols which are effective in reducing obesity and managing weight.
- They are rich in the trace mineral manganese, which helps in the healthy production of sex hormones.
- They are very valuable in treating constipation.
- They are a good source of calcium, which plays an important role in maintaining bone health.
- It contains lactic acid, which helps in relieving the symptoms of acne.
- Helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.