- by Dr Chaithanya Ks
- 2 Shares
- Mar 10 2018
Benefits of Kashayam
Kashayam is a similar to herbal tea, a decoction prepared by following Ayurvedic principles. It is basically a water extract of herbs that are beneficial for the body.
Dry herbs are taken and pounded to form a coarse powder. Water is added to these herbs and once they are completely soaked, the mixture is kept for boiling. The mixture is boiled till it becomes thick and reduced in quantity after which it is filtered.
- The nutrients are soluble in water and hence the kashayam helps in extracting maximum benefits from the herbs
- The treatment works quickly as the intestine absorbs the soluble nutrients easily
- When consumed on an empty stomach in the morning, the body draws maximum benefits
- Prevents and treats cough, cold and fever
- With added ingredients like ginger, it helps relieve digestive issues
- Treating rheumatic diseases
- Asthma relief
- Relieve headaches
Common ingredients used
- Black pepper
- Coriander seeds
- Mint leaves
- Curry leaves
The kashayams are to be prepared using a particular formula else there will be variation in concentration. So, it is best to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for the right treatment and best results.
- Chandanadi: treating pitta imbalance related disorders like cough, cold and fever
- Patoladi: for skin diseases
- Shwasahara: for asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory complaints
- Vatsakadi: treating diarrhoea, dysentery and intestinal issues
- Mutra Virechaniya: for urinary tract diseases
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.