- by Fitness Maniac
- 1 Shares
- Feb 03 2018
Benefits of hiking
A sedentary lifestyle causes a host of mental and physical problems because we are glued to our screens and desks. People today have lost that urge to head out and explore the unknown, kids don’t quite enjoy the outdoors like the earlier generations did and this has a significant impact on the health of the individual.
Let’s find out what impact a hiking or trekking session has and how it is beneficial:
- A full power cardio that gets your heart pumping and a full body workout
- Regulates blood pressure
- Improves the functioning and capacity of the lungs
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Increases oxygen levels in the blood
- Beneficial in fat burning
- Tones muscles, increases body balance and flexibility
- Improves quality of sleep
Not only is it the perfect leg day but works on the body as a whole and is as good as any gym session but with a much better view.
Mental health benefits
- Reduces stress levels
- Helps you focus better
- Keeps you happy and content
- Improves creativity and helps in better perception
- Triggers the brain and keeps it active but charging parts that usually aren’t active during every day monotonous work.
These activities also help you learn basic life skills and survival in the wild. The visual treats of nature’s beautiful views, vast lands and fresh air satisfy the soul in a very different way which help you deal with life better and with a new, planned and organised outlook.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.