Balinese Massage and its Benefits
Medikoe Wellness Expert
80 feet road indira nagar, Bengaluru May 20, 2019
A massage involves the application of external force using hands, forearms, feet, elbows, or devices to manipulate soft-tissues of the body. A massage is often used to relax, de-stress, and even for pain management or rehabilitation from an injury. There are various types of massages like Thai massage, Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, etc. Balinese massage is one such type of massage that was developed in the Indonesian province of Bali (as suggested by its name).
What is a Balinese massage?
A Balinese massage is a type of massage that combines gentle stretches, acupressure, reflexology, and even aromatherapy to provide holistic treatment to the body. Balinese massage is one of the most ancient techniques of massage which was developed under the influence of traditional medicine systems of China, India, and Southeast Asia. It is a perfect blend of ancient knowledge and modern techniques to promote overall physical and mental health.
A Balinese massage is different from other types of massage in the sense that most other types of massages only use external force to manipulate the soft tissues, while Balinese massage also additionally involves aromatherapy and stimulating the energy channels in the body. Deep pressure is used in a Balinese massage to work on knotted tissue and damaged muscle.
Benefits of a Balinese massage:
The main benefits of a Balinese massage are:
- It soothes damaged tissues.
- Balinese massage also provides relief to strained muscles and alleviates joint pain.
- It promotes blood circulation and reduces stress in the body.
- The aromatherapy in Balinese massage involves the use of various essential oils which boosts the overall mood and calms the mind.
- It targets deeper layers of muscles and is also quite useful in injury rehabilitation.
- Promotes overall health and wellbeing.