Balance your diet!
Dr Sheetal Bhatia
Domlur, Bengaluru Feb 3, 2017
- Opting for a balanced, adequate and varied diet is an important step towards a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Vitamins and minerals in the diet are vital to boost immunity and healthy development,
- A healthy diet can protect the human body against certain types of diseases, in particular non-communicable diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, some types of cancer and skeletal conditions.
- Healthy diets can also contribute to an adequate body weight.
- Healthy eating is a good opportunity to enrich life by experimenting with different foods from different cultures, origins and with different ways to prepare food.
Balanced Diets for Adults
|Adult Man||Adult Woman|
|Sedentary work||Moderate work||Heavy work||Sedentary|
|Cereals and millets||470||550||750||370||450||575|
|Roots and tubers||50||60||80||50||50||60|
|Fats and oils||30||40||45||20||25||30|
|Sugar / Jaggery||30||40||50||25||30||30|
Tags: Fitness Diet,Healthy Diet,balanced diet,balanced diet,
6 Likes | 1 Comments | |