- by Soul kshetra Wellness Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Mar 03 2018
Babool: An Ayurvedic Herb
Babool tree has amazing health benefits. It is an Ayurvedic herb used in the treatment of skin diseases, dhat syndrome, intestinal worms and bleeding disorders. Its botanical name is Acacia nilotica Linn, Acacia Arabica, Vachellia nilotica and it belongs to the Family Leguminosae.
What it is called in Different Languages?
English Name: Babool, Indian gum Arabic tree
Hindi Name: Babool, keekar
Bengali Name: Baabla
Kannada Name: Jalli Mara
Tamil Name: Karuvel
Telgu Name: Nallautumma
It is a small tree growing to a height of up to 8-10 m containing small spikes. It is found in dry regions of the whole of India. The parts used for medicinal use are stem bark, fruit, gum, seeds. The gum-resin (Niryasa) reduces pitta and vata dosh. It helps in reducing the swelling of the uterus. The stem bark and the pods act against the intestinal worms and help in coagulation of the blood. It contains tannin, polyphenolic compounds, galactose, aldobio uronic acid, and arabinobioses. It also contains calcium and magnesium.
Uses of Babool
- It is used to treat oozing eczemas.
- It is sprinkled over fresh wounds to control bleeding.
- It is used for gargling in the diseases of mouth ulcer and bleeding gums.
- The paste is applied over an injury caused due to contact with fire.
- It is used to treat diarrhea and to treat intestinal worms.
- Its decoction is used as a vaginal douche for treating this disorder.
- The paste can be used as a poultice.
- It can be helpful in treating nightfall and premature ejaculation.
- The decoction is given to treat bleeding piles and hemorrhoids.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.