- by Dr. Mini Nair
- 0 Shares
- Mar 08 2018
Ayurvedic treatments for premature greying
The ancient Indian system of medicine uses herbal formulas as remedies for various conditions. Using natural treatment methods is safe, has no side effects and has shown positive results on the body. According to Ayurveda, premature greying termed as palitya occurs due to pitta dosha imbalance. This is basically due to excess body heat.
- Excess pitta leads to early hair loss and premature greying
- It affects the sebaceous gland or hair folliculitis that leads hair problems
- This could be due to excess stress and anxiety that aggravate pitta or intake of fried and spicy foods in excess.
The herbs used in for greying tackle the problem by increasing blood supply to the scalp and strengthening the roots. These are some of the herbs used in Ayurveda that help prevent greying:
- Brahmi: The properties of this herb are very beneficial in improving the functioning of the brain and reducing stress levels. The herb effectively reduces hair loss and the antioxidants present eliminates toxins, improving the health of the cells.
- Bhringraj: A popular ingredient in many hair oils, this herb prevents premature greying and reduces hair loss. It aids in bringing new hair roots and improves hair texture.
- Aloe: Another popular ingredient in both hair and skin products, it helps in repairing dull, dry and rough hair. It also improves the condition of the scalp and improves the health of cells.
- Panchakrama therapy like shirodhara treatment to tackle grey hair
- Regular hair massage using oils like bhringaraaja, neeli, neem to reduce hair fall and greying
- A healthy diet with increased intake of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables and minimal consumption of spicy, oily and refined foods.
- Increase copper intake by consuming copper rich foods like spinach, pineapple, almonds, pomegranates and blackberries.
- Gentle, natural and special attention to hair care needs can be very effective in keeping problems at bay. Gentle brushing, avoiding the use of chemicals and natural air drying are very effective.
- Use herbal shampoos or other mild shampoos that are not harsh and don’t damage the natural oils and functioning of the scalp.
- Using essential oils once a week to help in rejuvenation
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.