- by Dr Amrita Rasal
- 4 Shares
- Feb 07 2018
Ayurvedic home remedies for dandruff
One of the most common scalp disorders, dandruff is the accumulation of dead skin cells on the scalp that form white flaky substances. Dandruff makes the person increasingly conscious as the flakes start to fall off which gives rise to scales appearing on the shoulders, clothes and causes hair fall.
Why not try some simple ayurvedic treatments instead of expensive shampoos and other clinical treatments which contain chemicals that might not even work.
- Hot oil massages: Whatever may be your preferred oil, keep the bottle of oil in a hot water bath to warm the oil. Apply this oil one your scalp before going to bed. The warm oil massage enables the oil to soak deeper into the roots, strengthening the hair and preventing dry scalp.
- Camphor and oil: Prep a mix of camphor with coconut oil and store it in a bottle. Apply this oil before going to bed, letting the camphor cool your scalp and reduce dandruff.
- Coconut oil and lemon: Lemon is very effective in dandruff treatment. Mix lemon extract with warm coconut oil about an hour before you shampoo.
- Curd and lemon: Squeeze some lemon juice into a bowl of curd and apply this mixture on your scalp. Leave it on for an hour before you rinse it off. The lemon kills dandruff while the curd moisturises and cools the scalp.
- Eggs: A mixture of raw eggs and water works wonders for the hair as it eliminates dandruff, strengthens the hair and gives it a natural shine.
- Aloe Vera: Fresh aloe gel extracted from the leaves is very effective in dealing with dandruff. Just apply the gel on your scalp and leave it over night before washing it off.
- Amla: A paste made of amla, tulsi and some water helps deal with skin irritations effectively. Apply this paste on your scalp and let it sit for an hour before washing it off with cool water.
- Shikakayee: A very popluar ingredient in hair care products, shikakayee is very beneficial for the hair. If you cannot find shikakayee, head to one of the ayurvedic shops and they will provide you with packed shikakayee that will be ready to use.
Try these home remedies and see how well they work for you. Safe you use as they have no side effects and are completely natural methods.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.