- by Swarnveda Home of Ayurveda
- 0 Shares
- May 19 2018
Ayurvedic dry cough remedies
A dry cough is basically one that does not produce any mucous and is usually caused by infections or allergies. It starts as a minor irritation which grows into discomfort and sleep deprivation over time.
- Vishwabhesaj or ginger tea: It relieves inflammation of throat and reduces phlegm. Ginger according to Ayurveda pacifies vata and kapha dosha, increases pitta thus relieving respiratory issues like cough.
- Madhu or honey: Talisadi churna mixed with honey is one of the best ayurvedic medications for dry cough. The waxy texture of honey soothes the throat and reduces cough.
- Tulsi or basil: This sacred herb is not just used of religious purposes but in many cough syrups as well. You can simply chew on some fresh leaves or sip on tulsi water for relief.
- Haldi or turmeric: Using a combination of turmeric powder with warm milk provides quick relief as turmeric is a popular agent used in medication. Haldi pacifies all doshas and improves the functioning of circulatory system.
- Pudina or peppermint: Another preferred treatment option in Ayurveda is pudina as it helps prana vayu flow and reduces build-up of ama.
- Nilgiri taila or eucalyptus: Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your water before you take a steam to reduce dry cough and decongest the system. Eucalyptus has heat within that reduces vata, kapha and increases pitta dosha.
- Practicing yoga- pranayama or regular yogic breathing exercises provides relief.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.