- by Dr Riddhi Sanghani
- 0 Shares
- Feb 14 2018
Ayurvedic Approach to Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common health disorder all around the world. There are so many factors responsible for knee pain, some of the mare, injury, degeneration, arthritis, infection, dislocated kneecap, osteoarthritis, bursitis, bone chips and tendonitis.
Symptoms of knee pain include:
- Unbearable pain in joints
Ayurvedic Treatment for knee pain
- Yogaraja Guggulu, shallaki, Maha yogaraja Guggulu, Simhanda Guggulu, Panchatikta ghrita Guggulu, and Vatari Guggulu for inflammation and pain.
- Ksheera Bala taila, kottamchukkadi taila, Narayan taila, Dhanvantra ghrtia, Maha Narayana taila, Gandha taila for lubrication of joints and strengthing of muscles, cartilage, ligaments, and bones.
- Abhyangam: It is a massage done with medicated herbal oils.it helps in stimulating the nerve endings at the site of pain which increases blood circulation.
- Kizhi: It uses herbs, sand, rice, choornams tied in a muslin cloth to make small herbal blouses. These blouses are then heated and lightly pounded over knee joint as needed.
- Pizhichil: It is done to pacify the Vata, strengthen muscles and lubricates knee joints.
- Janu Basti: It involves pouring specially prepared warm herbal oil over the knee.
- Agate: It is a natural store of calcium. It is a wonderful heart tonic and it is used in many cases of heart and cardiac diseases.
- Sneha Basti: It involves enema using medicated oil.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.