Ayurveda On Sexual Health
Medikoe Wellness Expert
80 feet road indira nagar, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
In Ayurveda, sex or abramacharya as it is known is given due importance for maintaining one’s mental and physical health. Sex is considered one of the three aspects of life which maintain health, along with diet and sleep.
Abramcharya is a controlled and disciplined manner of sexual intercourse which helps to maintain the bodily doshasor fundamental principles. It has greater significance in maintaining the manasika doshas, the mind level.
Sex Health Benefits
- Good memory
- Long life
- Acuity of sense organs
- Strength and slow ageing
The health benefits of sex can be achieved by having proper and disciplined sexual intercourse.
Effects of improper Sexual Intercourse
- Weakness of the thighs
- Loss of strength
- Depletion of the tissues
- Loss of strength in the sense organs
- Premature death
Excessive sexual intercourse or overexertion provokes the Vata dosha in the body and thereby diminishes the nourishing Kapha dosha and dhatus. The vital essence of the body (ojas) may also be diminished.
General Rules to Follow
Follow these general rules to get the most beneficial effects of sex:
- Always indulge in sex with one who is interested in sex, who is healthy and who is not menstruating or suffering from diseases of the sex organs. Practices cleanliness and maintain good hygiene.
- Pregnant and recently delivered women should abstain from intercourse according to Ayurveda.
- Sex is also encouraged during the new moon, eclipse or during days of mourning.
- Avoid violent foreplay which can cause injury to the vital points or ‘marmas’. Romantic foreplay is described in detail in the ancient Indian text, the Kama Sutra.
- Sex should be avoided after a heavy meal, when Hungry during excessive thirst, without keen interest, when physically disturbed by other bodily urges and when a person is physically unfit.
Ayurvedic Post-Sex Regimen
- Expose the body to a cool environment
- Apply scents
- Drink cool water, milk, soups which contain meat, fruit juices or sweet natural drinks like coconut water.
- Alcoholic beverages like wine can also be consumed.
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.