- by Dr Spurthi S Magdum
- 0 Shares
- Jun 05 2017
Ayurveda for Sun Tan
Excessive presentation to the sun enhances creation of melanin which is the component responsible for the skin's shade. Melanin shields the skin from sun's radiation. As melanin is dark in shade, the skin winds up noticeably dark in shade or tanned in other words. Aside from tanning, the skin is likewise exposed to unsafe ultraviolet radiation that leaves a long term impact on the skin.
Henceforth, it is essential to stay away from direct sunlight exposure as much possible, especially during peak noon till around 3pm. Subsequently, the skin should be shielded from effects of exposure through careful methodologies to overcome these impacts. Also, make sure to apply sunscreen while swimming, holidaying in coastal areas, as water’s reflection worsens the impacts of UV radiation.
Here are a couple of basic simple home cures for sunburn:
A scrub is usually the first thing you grab after sun burn, as it successfully reduces early tan. But in instances of redness or rashes the scrubs should be avoided. Using milk after scrubbing soothes the skin.
- 3 tbsp of ground nuts can be blended with a cup of yogurt. Apply on face and neck. Rub it tenderly all over face and neck and wash off.
- Mix two teaspoons of oats in a cup of ripe papaya and include a drop of honey. Apply the mask for about 20 minutes and wash off.
- 2 portions of honey and a portion of lime juice can be mixed and applied to be washed off after twenty minutes.
- Half teaspoon of turmeric can be added to yogurt and applied over face, neck and arms for 60 minutes.
- For lightening skin tone:
- Lime juice and cucumber could be blended in equivalent extents and applied routinely for 20 minutes. Cucumber mash together with yogurt can likewise be used over face frequently and washed off.
- For improving skin tone:
- Mix a teaspoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice with half tsp of almond oil. Apply frequently on face and wash off following 10 to 15 minutes. Along with removing tan it brings glow back on skin.
- Curd, oatmeal and tomato juice to be blended and applied on face. Leave on for 20 minutes before washing off with frosty water. This removes tan while lightening the skin.
- A mix of ground tomato together with 3-4 drops of lime juice, could be left on the face for 20 minutes preceding washing off. This should be done for 15-20 minutes twice every day for two weeks for best overall results.
- A tablespoon of gram flour ought to be blended with 2 tsp of crude milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this blend and leave on for 15 minutes and wash off. Repeat for a month, and later once per week.
- Apply a mix of ground mint leaves and leave on for around 20 minutes. Wash with icy water. Proceed with the routine for 15 days.
- Soak 4-5 almonds overnight. Grind it down into a fine paste with milk. Apply on neck and face, leaving it overnight. Wash with cool water in the morning. Follow this routine for two weeks, and twice per week from there on.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.