- by Dr Chaithanya KS
- 0 Shares
- Jul 11 2017
AYURVEDA AND PSORIASIS
Ayurveda believes in herbal remedies and healthy lifestyle changes and takes a holistic approach towards treatment. Psoriasis is an inflammatory condition of the skin that causes thickening and scaling of the skin. Currently, this disease has no cure and the treatments are used to manage the symptoms.
Ayurveda uses a treatment called Panchakarma therapy to treat psoriasis. This therapy incorporates dietary changes, uses plant-based remedies and aims at detoxifying and purifying the system.
- Medicated ghee consumption
- Purging and vomiting
- Like shirodhara, buttermilk dripping on the head
- Applying mud packs and medicine pastes on the entire body
Other herbal remedies
- A paste of jasmine flowers to relieve itching and inflammation
- Purifying blood using garlic and onions
- Neem of immunity and purification
- Turmeric to help with inflammation, redness and swelling
- Nightshade juice
All these methods aid in overcoming the symptoms like inflammation, itching, redness and swelling.
Another trigger for psoriasis is stress which meditation and exercise can help you overcome. Herbal remedies like using the Ashwagandha herb has shown to have anti-stress properties. These Ayurvedic treatments help with physical and mental stress and are restorative treatment options.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.