- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 20 2018
Astragalus Root: A Healthy Herb
It is a traditional Chinese medicine, which is very beneficial in slowing the aging process. Astragalus root comes from the Astragalus membranaceus plant which is native to China. There are more than 2000 species of this plant. It is also called as Mongolian milk vetch and Huang qi and it has the hairy stem that grows all year and it has beneficial flavonoids with antioxidant properties contained within its root. It is a popular herbal remedy and nutritional supplement in the United States.
Benefits of Astragalus Root
- It has adaptogen that works with a person’s body to regulate the effects of stress and fatigue and it protects the body from emotional, physical, and mental stress.
- Extract from astragalus root activates telomerase activity in human T cells, resulting in healthier cell longevity and function. It slows the aging process by protecting mitochondria.
- It has cardioprotective nutrients, namely the flavonoids and polysaccharides which support artery health and the immune system.
- It can help in breaking artery plaque and encourage balanced cholesterol levels.
- Studies performed using extracts of astragalus root have revealed an increase in the cells lining the walls of your arteries, known as endothelial cells.
- It encourages normal blood sugar levels.
How is it consumed?
Astragalus root is available in capsule and tablet form, or as the liquid extract. Astragalus tea is also there which is made by steeping the shavings of the root in hot water. Sometimes in severe health conditions, it may even be injected.
Side effects are minimal and may include diarrhea and other gastrointestinal issues.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.