- by Dr Riddhi Sanghani
- 1 Shares
- Jun 14 2017
Advantages of body massage for elderly people
Massage treatment is normally suggested for people who have pain, joint torment & muscular agony. These manifestations are usual in old age. Books of ayurveda attribute vitiation of vata as causing element for medical issues for elderly people.
Vitiated vata causes body throb, dry skin, torment in joints, muscles weakness & so forth. Ayurveda acharyas suggest body knead with vata balancing oil to standardize imbalanced vata.
The accompanying is the advantages of body knead for old people:
- Indications such as body throb, joint agony & solidness of muscles are lessened.
- Massaging the body with oil diminishes dryness of skin & restrains fissuring & cracking of skin. It likewise forestalls discoloration of skin
- This procedure diminishes stress, unwinds the mind & makes the elderly individuals to feel easy.
- Good oil knead actuates sound sleep.
- Body knead enhances blood flow & reinforces the muscles.
- Inflammation of joints diminishes with a good massage.
- Texts of ayurveda praise the oil knead as anti-aging treatment. Rubbing the body with oil is known as "Abhyanga".
- Apart from the previously mentioned well-being conditions body knead likewise treats many other conditions that emerges with age, for example - joint pain, skin discoloration, tendonitis, muscle & bone weakening, bursitis, and respiratory issues like asthma & emphysema.
Body massage for old people is known as senior's massage or geriatric massage. Cautious massage can give the elderly symptomatic help & empower seniors to develop the energy in their lives.
Please note: A trained massage therapist must massage elderly people. The body of old people will be sensitive, delicate & fragile. Thus the body kneads for elderly ought to be directed under specialist supervision.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.