- by Arth - An Ayurvedic Health Center
- 0 Shares
- Mar 07 2017
Therapies we follow: Janu Basti
Ayurveda is one of the most holistic body healing treatments all over the world. Combating several health issues, it is based on the belief of maintaining a balance between the mind and the body.
Knee joints make for the most vital joints in the human body. It is hence, important to ensure that they stay in a good condition. But, certain problems like inflammation, injury, stiffness, result in limitation of movements. Janu Basti is one popular and effective Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy for acute and chronic knee pain.
What Is Janu Basti?
The term Janu Basti is derived from two different words; ‘Janu’ meaning knee joints and ‘Basti’ which mean to hold. This includes making the warm medicated oil stay on your knees for a certain time period. It is a pain relieving therapy conducted for curing knee problems, also improving the regulation of blood in the knee joints. The oil selection is done by a skilled Ayurvedic practitioner, based on the type of problem faced by the patient.
• Person lies on his/her back on the massage table.
• A reservoir made of black gram dough is built up to cover the knee joint, ensuring it is leak proof.
• The warm medicated oil is then slowly poured into it. And, once it cools down, the procedure is repeated for about 30 minutes.
• Towards the end of the treatment, the ring is removed followed by a gentle massage.
• The patient is then advised to rest for a while.
It is highly recommended to undergo the Janu Basti treatment in order to heal your perpetual knee pains. Not only that, it acts as a rejuvenation therapy as well, so anyone can receive it.
Janu Basti is indicated for the following conditions:
• Painful conditions of Knee Joints
• Knee injuries
• Frozen joints
• Age-related issues
• Runner’s knee
Nearly 80 percent of the population aged 55- 65 years is troubled by knee diseases. Due to knee being the major weight-bearing joint, the wear and tear caused are huge as well. So, the Panchakarma therapy of Janu Basti comes to the rescue, where Ayurveda works it magic without any side effects.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.