- by Portea HomeCare
- 0 Shares
- Mar 16 2017
Rental medical equipments: Facilitating easy healing at home
A golden rule of healthcare is to ensure that patients receive utmost care along with the necessary treatments and medications. When it comes to people with disabilities and the elderly, it is of prime importance that they are given special attention and compassionate care. With the advancement in technology, in-home facilities have been on the rise to provide a sense of security and familiarity to the patient. It has been observed that people recuperating at home tend to heal faster than at a hospital. The home ambiance and the comfort of the family members help in speedy recovery of the patient.
In case of a prolonged illness when a patient requires long-term medical assistance, the best option is to rent medical equipments instead of purchasing them. Not only is it cost effective, but it is also feasible to return them after use instead of purchasing and discarding them later. Listed below are different equipment in different departments that you can rent for a recuperating family member at home
- Oxygen Concentrators – Also called an oxygen generator, this medical device delivers oxygen to those patients who experience difficulties in breathing.It takes air from the surrounding and compresses it. The pure oxygen can then be provided to the patient via a mask or nasal cannula.
- Portable Oxygen Concentrators – The battery operated portable oxygen concentrators are lightweight and can be easily carried while a patient is travelling.
- 3 CPAPs –If any of your family members starts experiencing breathing problems while he/she is sleeping, you can rent a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine to get rid of the problem. It helps in increasing air pressure in the throat, ensuring the airway does not collapse. A CPAP machine can be a nose and mouth covering mask, only nose covering mask or prongs that fit in the nose.
- Bi-Level PAPs / Non Invasive Ventilators –In cases of pneumonia, asthma or a pulmonary disease where breathing becomes difficult and laboured, you can rent a Bi-Level PAPs to support ventilation. A NIV provides ventilation through the upper airway with the help of a mask or a similar device.
- Nebulizers, Pulse Oximeters – A nebulizer can be helpful when someone needs to inhale large doses of medication. If there is a small child in your family suffering from asthma and finds it inconvenient to use an inhaler, you can use the nebulizer to deliver asthma medications. On the other hand, a pulse oximeter can be used for monitoring oxygen saturation of the patient.
- Masks – There are several masks available that can help improve difficult or labored breathing. These include full face masks and non-vented masks.
- Other Accessories – A whole lot of other accessories are also available for rent. Hose pipes, gecko nasal pad, bacterial filter, oxygen cylinder, humidification chamber, flexi mask, nasal cannula, slime line tubing and others can be rented for the patient at home.
1 Sleep Therapy
- CPAP – Patients suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) can possibly get a good night’s sleep with a CPAP device.
- Mask and Accessories – Nasal masks, P10 masks and auto-set filters are available on rent which would make it convenient for a patient suffering from OSA to enjoy undisturbed sleep.
Geriatric and Mobility Care
- Cots – As per your requirement, you can choose a full fowler or semi fowler cot. You can bring back home patients who are bed ridden or under complete rest post-surgery and rent a cot for their convenience. The backrest which is mechanically operated can help the person to sit up. The side railings will ensure that there are no chances of an accidental fall.
- Beds –You can rent different types of beds such asairbeds to prevent soreness, recliner beds and ICU beds for patients who have been bed ridden since a prolonged period of time.
- Mobility and Geriatric Aids –In certain cases, a person may require special aids which would help him/her in everyday life. It may be walking sticks, crutches, walkers (with or without wheels), stool management kit, commode raiser, and chair with commode or adult diapers. Renting a glucometer is a good idea if there is a member in the family suffering from diabetes and whose glucose level requires regular monitoring.
- Hearing Aids –The function of a hearing aid is to amplify sounds, thus making hearing easy for elderly people or patients with hearing disorders.
- Wheelchairs – There are various kinds of wheelchairs that you can avail of on rent. These can help a handicapped person carry out his/her daily activities. If a person has undergone a surgery thathas hindered leg movement, you can rent a wheelchair which could cater to his/her needs till the time he/she can walk again, unaided. You can choose a standard wheelchair, motorized wheelchair, recliner wheelchair or a wheelchair with commode, as required by the patient.
Orthopaedic and Physio-Care
- CPM – A Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) device is used for the recovery of the knee joint post-surgery.
- DVT Pump and cuffs– This is a compression pump that helps to preventdeep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the veins).
- Lymphedema Pump –The lymphedema pump works by forcing air into the cells, thereby encouraging the lymph fluids to keep moving.
If you are looking for medical equipment on rent, look no further. Contact Portea today!
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.