- by Portea HomeCare
- 0 Shares
- Mar 13 2017
Must-Know Monsoon Health Tips
Monsoon season is relieving, especially after the extremely hot days. The season can refresh the plants, animal and humans, following the hot season. However, it is also a season that comes with some deadly diseases that end up costing many people’s lives.
Here are some deadly monsoon diseases and prevention tips:
This is not just one of the common monsoon diseases, but it is also one of the deadliest. It is spread by the Female Anopheles mosquitos which mostly breed in a waterlogged area. The first stages of the disease will start with a fever, which will come at different intervals. There will also be some muscle pain, weakness and sessions of shivering. These are the common symptoms of the disease.
Mosquito nets and repellents are the most important prevention tips for Malaria. Ensure that there is no stagnant water in your area. Other ways of prevention include prompt diagnosis and treatment, when the symptoms are noticed and the administration of an anti-malarial medication.
This is a disease that is spread through water and it is quite common in the monsoon season. The disease is caused by Stypicbacteria that is transmitted when one consumes contaminated food or water. The infection tends to remain in the patient’s gall bladder, even after the disease is cured. The most common symptoms of the disease include a prolonged fever, headache and extremepain in the abdomen.
To prevent it from spreading, the person infected should be isolated from the other members of the family. Homeo treatment can also help to solve the condition. Enough precaution must continue, even after the patient is cured. Enough fluid should be given to the patient to prevent dehydration.
This is another deadly disease that can cost a number of lives. It is caused by a bacterium that is mostly found in contaminated water or food. Another way that the disease spreads is through poor hygienic conditions. The most common symptom of this disease is severe diarrhea with watery stools, though the patient can also vomit with immediate muscle cramps and water loose.
To prevent it, it is advised to be vaccinated during or around the monsoon season, since the vaccination can take about 6 months. Here are other prevention techniques of the disease;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap
- Only drink safe water, either boiled or bottled
- Avoid eating sushi or any other half-cooked or raw seafood or fish or any type
- Avoid fruits that are eaten with peels, or at least wash them thoroughly. Fruits with peels are the best options.
- Avoid most of the dairy foods, especially ice cream or unpasteurized milk, since they are mostly contaminated
- Eat food that is completely cooked and mostly hot, limit yourself to the street food
This is a common monsoon disease that has common symptoms like a sore throat, frequent sneezing and fever. To prevent it, you will need to basically stay out of the rain. At home, you can take a glass of hot turmeric milk or make several gargles with warm water to get rid of the sore throat. You should always see a doctor to avoid major health issues.
To avail doctor consultations at home, click here.
This is yet another common disease, which is almost related to typhoid, but this one is specifically based on the stomach. The stomach infections will include gastroenteritis, an infection that will cause diarrhea and extreme vomiting. The gastroenteritis will affect the intestines and stomach, which will be inflamed and irritating. The disease is most likely caused by a bacterial or a viral infection.
Here are some ways of preventing the disease:
- Wash hands thoroughly after visiting the bathroom or when you change diapers
- Avoid eating or drinking liquids or foods that are contaminated
- Ensure that you wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating them, especially those that have been in the open for long
- Avoid eating food that is rich in sugar or too much spicier
- Drink plenty of water daily to stay hydrated. Ensure that the water is clean enough and it should also be filtered thoroughly
The basic monsoon disease cure is to ensure that you take full precaution and receive the right medication early enough, before the disease gets deeper into your system.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.