- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- Feb 13 2017
Live Free Even In Your Old Age
One natural phenomenon that has been far from the reach of human capability is aging. Everyone born here will have to pass through the same stages in life. The body gets very weary and weak during the old age. One of the common problems faced by people during this time is joint pain.Human joints allow smooth movement of the bones on both sides of the joint space. To do that joints are lined with a substance called the cartilage. Due to excessive strain exert in our glory years and a rapid decrease in the amount of work done as we get older, the joint becomes inflamed and arthritic. Further, as we grow older the mineral content in the bone decreases, the bone becomes less dense and more fragile.
In this article we will cover some solutions for the aging joints.
- Stretching is an excellent way to maintain the flexibility of the joints.
- To improve joint flexibility and muscle strength, weight training can be a great help
- Maintaining your ideal body weight, i.e., ideal Body Mass Index (BMI); is a key component to ensure that low strain is exerted on your joints.
- Avoid food such as pastries and chips, since they contain gluten and trans fat, which could cause inflammation in the your body, which in turn affects the joints
- Drink plenty of water and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Ginger and curcumin are anti-inflammatory in nature and thereby avoiding sore joints
- Medications like ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are also designed to fight inflammation in the body
Live free in old age: Ensuring that you get the right amount of fitness becomes very crucial in your old age. Therefore, the above points can be help to have pain-free joints .
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.