- by Medikoe HealthTech Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Know more about the Light Bulbs that Disinfect and Kill Bacteria
Hospitals are known to be potentially dangerous place with lots of people with different elements and diseases. One company, Indigo-Clean has developed a technology using visible light that continuously disinfect the environment and bolsters your current infection prevention efforts.
How it works
- The 405nm emitted from Indigo-Clean reflects off of walls and surfaces, penetrating harmful micro-organisms.
- The light targets naturally occurring molecules called porphyrins that exist inside bacteria. The light is absorbed and the excited molecules produce Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) inside the cell.
- 405nm creates a chemical reaction inside the cell, similar to the effects of bleach.
- The Reactive Oxygen Species inactivates the bacteria, preventing it from re-populating the space.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.