- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 1 Shares
- Apr 06 2017
Hydrotherapy – Benefits, Conditions and Precautions
1. Hydrotherapy is an excellent treatment for reducing or relieving sudden or long lasting pain.
2. Hydrotherapy essentially increases the removal of waste relieved by detoxification.
3. Hydrotherapy helps in loosening or tightens tense muscles and motivates relaxation. It also increases the metabolic rate and digestion activity.
4. Hydrotherapy improves the skin and muscle tones and hydrates the cells.
5. Hydrotherapy allows the immune system to function more effectively by boosting it.
6. Hydrotherapy improves the function of the internal organs and stimulates the blood supply.
7. Hydrotherapy can restore treat burns and frostbite, injured limbs, soothe sore or inflamed muscles and joints, soothe headaches, ease to labor pains, promote relaxation, clear up skin problems and lower fevers
8. Hydrotherapy helps in cardiovascular fitness which includes lungs and heart.
The medical benefits:
1. Relaxation of muscles.
2. The cheer of water resists the effects of gravity.
3. Increases the stamina due to better resistance in water and increases the muscle strength.
4. Improve core and balance stability.
5. Improved in swelling because of hydrostatic pressure.
The Conditions which benefit from hydrotherapy:
Strengthening for joint replacement.
Fractures or tendon repair and post-operative rehabilitation for joint replacement.
Coordination and balance problems.
Hydrotherapy can be used in a conjunction or isolation with the other rehabilitation programs. It is a stepping stone for clients to advance land based to exercise.
Precautions for hydrotherapy:
Hydrotherapy appears to be a low risk routine for people if some common sensible precautions are taken drinking water to stop dehydration and not exposing the body off too much heat or cold.
1. People who have embedded medical equipments such as pumps or pacemakers.
2. Pregnant women.
3. People with a condition which could be worse by disclosure to extremes of cold or heat, example lung disease, circulation disorder or heart disease.
4. People with injuries that could be annoyed by strong motions from water jets.
5. People with difficulty observing temperature example of damage to the nerves or neuropathy.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.