- by Portea HomeCare
- 2 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Health Tips to stay fit and well after physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is one of the most effective approaches followed to relieve pain caused by strains, sprains and other injuries. A physiotherapist is a trained health care professional who knows appropriate treatment methods suitable for a particular disease/ injury/ disability. One should take advice from an experienced physiotherapist to ensure that you receive proper evidence-based treatments. To stay fit and healthy after physiotherapy, you should oblige to a controlled life. Taking no precautions is not a good idea as accidents may occur anytime and could result in serious consequences. Hence, it is best to visit the health care professional/ physiotherapist and follow their instructions to get a positive result out of physiotherapy.
Here we mention certain tips to stay fit even after physiotherapy sessions are over:
1. Tips to treat minor injury
RICE technique- Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation is the most recommended technique followed to recover you faster if you have a soft tissue injury.
- Rest, plays an important role in the body’s healing process, without this the affected/injured area becomes more inflamed and painful
- Ice, lessens the pain and inflammation.
- Compression, aids to reduce pain and swelling.
- Elevation, reduces the pain and swelling by decreasing the blood flow to the injured area.
2. Tips to be followed at work place
Tips one can follow at the work place to stay fit and healthy:
- Follow the sitting instructions such as, view the monitor at eye level, place the mouse and keyboard at elbow level and keep the legs at 90o while sitting with feet resting comfortably.
- Lift heavy objects by keeping them close to the body by bending knees and stomach. This not only relieve pain, but also feel you better.
- Take mini-breaks in between the work at your desk for every one hour and do some stretches to relax your neck and shoulder muscles.
- If you want to speak to any of your colleague in the office, get up and walk over his desk, rather than calling him over phone.
- Take a proper break-do not surf the internet or chat. For every few hours, take a short walk and stretch your hands and legs.
3. Tips to be followed during riding
Cycling is the best form of workout, which builds toned muscles, improves cardiovascular functioning, reduces stiffness and joint pain, alleviates stress and increases stamina. Besides many benefits, some cyclists experience pain while cycling. So, here are a few basic tips to retain in mind, before you start your cycling. They are:
- Select an appropriate bike to your height and weight.
- Maintain a good posture while cycling.
- Before starting cycling, follow few stretching exercises to loosen your joints, muscles and limbs.
- Keep the saddle and handlebar positions at a comfortable height.
4. In addition to the above tips, the below couple of tips also ensures you stay fit and well even after physiotherapy session:
- Visit your physiotherapist early
- Do the exercises as instructed by your physiotherapist, i.e., number, order and frequency of exercises.
- Pay attention and ask questions when the therapist explains you about the injury and treatment plan.
- Intimate the physiotherapist if you face any glitches during recovery.
- Take a moment to rejoice your success.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.