- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 22 2017
Have You Tried Mud Therapy?
Mud is a momentous component of nature. It has positive effects on human health as it contains important minerals. Mud can absorb the toxins from the human body; therefore it is very much beneficial in restraining many ailments. It is also recognized for its remedial properties. It also aids in calming down and relaxing the body as it can retain the moisture for a longer time.
The kinds of Mud
Mud originated in various parts of the world has various qualities depending on the place of origin, its composition differs.
Firstly, the mineral components of mud differ with the kind of rocks found in that region and the procedure of soil formation.
Secondly, mud quality is affected by the kind of flora and fauna of that area.
Hence, it is necessary to learn about the properties of mud before using its benefits. It is very important to note that before you use any type of mud it should be dried, desiccated and stained to take away any type of impurities like stones, grass, etc.
Black mud: Dark cotton soil has some oiliness in it which is appropriate for a mud therapy as it is rich in minerals and also holds water for long time. It should always be free from impurity and any kind of pollution.
Mud from Dead Sea: People use it for enhancing their beauty. Black mud of Dead Sea has prettifying and therapeutic powers. It comprises of more than 20 types of salts and minerals including Magnesium, Potassium Bromide, Calcium, Natural Tar, Silicates and organic elements. While these advantageous minerals are helpful for the recovery of any kind of skin diseases, the presence of silicates make its masks very useful for softening and purifying the skin. The mud increases the blood circulation and leaves the skin with a glow.
Moor Mud: It is a mud which is generated over thousands of years from organic remainders of flowers, grasses and herbs. These remainders converted over several years to fine paste which comprises of fulvic acids, amino acids, vitamins, plant hormones and humic acids. It is made in a form which can be easily absorbed by human body. The mud has a chelate property which permits its top layer to purify impurities & pollutants and maintain the purity of the mud. This mud has therapeutic qualities and is beneficial in detoxification, curative, beautification and healthy human body. The mud has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. It is also helpful in the conditions like Arthritis and restoration from the injuries in sports.
Mud is one of 5 components of nature having enormous effect on the body in both health and illness. Advantages of usage of mud:
- The black color of the mud absorbs all the colors of the Sun and transfers them to the body.
- Mud holds moisture for a longer time, when applied on the body parts then it results in cooling.
- Its form and uniformity can be transformed easily by adding water.
- It is not expensive and can be easily available.
Advantages of Mud therapy
- Acne and Pimples – To get rid of the pimples, a soft mud like Multani mitti is cleansed completely & made into a paste and applied on the face. It also gives natural radiance to the face.
- Digestive Aid – Digestion can be improved by applying Mud pack onto the lower abdomen of the patient.This exercise proves to be effective in reducing intestinal heat and simultaneously it encourages peristalsis movement of the intestines. In case of stomach ache or abdominal gas, mud packs are considered to be put on the stomach for the relief.
- Eye Maladies – Mud packs are applied to the eyes to ease the eye muscles & are trusted to be advantageous for the eye vision improvement. Also, the packs are suggested in case of eye disorders like conjunctivitis. This owes to the natural quality of mud to draw the embedded toxins.
- Headache – Mud therapy is also an advantage for headache, particularly if it is due to hot and humid external atmosphere. The mud pack is suggested to be applied on the forehead or on the complete head if required. This would help in soothing the headache and the basic cause of extreme heat.
- Fever – Mud packs can be prepared in case of fever and it can be applied on the abdomen and forehead to get significant relief from fever.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.