- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- Feb 13 2017
Guidelines For Every Mother For Taking Care Of The New Born Baby
A woman getting transformed into a mother is the best feeling that gets embedded inside a mother’s soul and can be never get erased. Only a mother knows what it feels to be a mother.
It is said that happiness, joy, sorrow and various other emotions which transcend everything after giving birth to a new born should never go beyond the act of responsibility.
The various responsibilities of a mother are:
This is one of the essential health care for a baby. The change of diapers should be done frequently and in the best way. If not done in a proper way it may lead to Diaper rash which is harmful for the baby’s skin. While changing the diapers, a mother should keep in mind the following things like
- A clean diaper should always be used
- Diaper ointment should also be used if baby has rash
- A container of warm water should always be in place while changing the diaper of the baby.
- Clean wash cloth, diaper cloth and cotton balls should be there.
This is a very important activity which every mother should enact in the best possible way. Sponge baths is the best way of bathing an infant. This particular activity should be done in a very hygenic way with utmost care. The basic things required for a sponge bath are
- A clean and a soft wash cloth to wash the baby very slowly.
- A complete fragrance-free soap and a shampoo for the baby’s body to get cleaned
- A very soft brush to slowly stimulate the scalp of the baby.
- Towels and blankets should be used to clean the baby.
- A clean diaper should also be used and should be changed after a bath
- Clean clothes.
Feeding a baby
Feeding is the most essential factor which every mother needs to keep in mind when handling a baby. A new born babyneeds to be feed for every 2 to 3 hours. In breast feeding a baby should be nursed for 10 to 15 minutes with each breast. While in formula feeding a baby will consume about 2 to 3 ounces at each feeding.
Health check up
A routine health check up is must for a baby. A baby may suffer from various little things at this age and it is not possible for them to express their pain or problems. It is mandatory for a mother to do a regular health check up.
The existence of a baby in a mother’s life is the most precious thing that one can have. After the delivery there are also some changes in the health of a mother. So, a proper woman care should be taken in order to live a healthy and a happy life with a new born.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.