- by Dr. Leslie Ravi Kumar
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Eye care directions for people using computers and computer professionals
Spending long hours in front of TV or computers is a part of peoples life nowadays. Especially if you are a computer professional, there is generally no escape from it. This drives many eyes and vision related issues in future. Here are some beneficial eye care tips for computer users.
- After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant object and blink numerous times. This will help in improved focusing.
- Blink frequently. People mostly tend to reduce the blink rate while working on the computer. This can lead to the dryness of eyes. Try to blink your eyes at least 12 to 15 times every minute.
- Do Exercise of your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercises are simple. All you need to do is just blink as many times you can, then shut your eyes and roll them in clockwise direction and anticlockwise direction. While doing this, inhale and exhale slowly and open your eyes after doing this.
- Rub your palms with each other till they become warm. Shelter your eyes with your warm palms for about a minute. Palming is another excellent way to relax and calm your eyes.
- Splashing water on your face while on breaks can keep you fresh. This also helps in cooling, calming and quieting your eyes.
- A few minutes of walk on breaks will refresh your mind and body. It is also good for your eyes as walking expand blood supply to your eyes.
- Set an antiglare screen on to your monitor or use antiglare glass while working on your computers. Also place the monitor and lights in such a manner that shine from the screen is minimum.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.