Ejaculation Disorders in Men
Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Ejaculation disorder is one of the most common sexual difficulties. The time of your ejaculation makes a difference in your sexual life. Any abnormalities in it can result in an unsatisfied partner. Therefore, it should be avoided as much as possible. With Viagra and other treatments, these problems can become much less frequent and easily treatable. Men who struggle with ejaculation disorder can feel shame and embarrassment. A sexual problem refers to the issue during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the individual or couple from the sexual activity. Sexual response cycle has four phases- Desire, Excitement, Plateau, Orgasm, and Resolution.
What is Ejaculation Disorder?
Ejaculation involves coordinated muscular and neurological situation that involves deposition of semen in the urine channel (emission) and ejection of the fluid from the urethral meatus. Ejaculation disorder occurs when a man has a problem in properly ejaculating his semen, either ejaculating too soon, too late, back into his bladder or not at all. These situations can result in reduced sexual satisfaction by the man and his partner, ineffective reproduction and emotional trauma.
Types of Ejaculatory Disorder
Four main Ejaculatory disorders are observed in clinical practice-
- Retrograde Ejaculation- Retrograde ejaculation is the process whereby semen is passed in a retrograde fashion into the bladder as opposed to out the urethra.
- Premature Ejaculation- It is the condition whereby a patient ejaculated with minimal sexual stimulation and before he wishes it to occur.
- Retarded Ejaculation (Orgasm)- This condition involves the inability of the patient to achieve orgasm (ejaculation) on time and in severe cases, men fail to reach orgasm on any occasion.
- Failure of Ejaculation (Anejaculation)- It simply means when a patient is not able to ejaculate even after a long time of sex cycle.
These disorders are treatable, and better results are seen in patients.
Causes of Ejaculation disorder can be physical, psychological or the side effects of certain drugs or medication. Which also includes alcohol abuse, high blood pressure, use of the antidepressant, anti-seizure or antipsychotic medications.
Physical Causes- Some of the physical causes can be Birth defects, Infections, Injury to pelvic nerves, Hormone issues, Neurological disorders and Prostate Surgery.
Psychological Causes- Some of the psychological causes can be Depression, Sexual performance anxiety, Sexual fantasy issues, Low self-esteem about body type and Personal problems in the sexual relationship.
Medical Causes- Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, Prostate Disease, Thyroid Problems, Illicit Drug Use and Excessive Alcohol Consumption.
- When there is an inability to delay ejaculation every time,
- When negative personal consequences arise, such as frustration, distress, or avoidance of sexual intimacy.
- Decreased confidence in the relationship
- Mental distress
- Anxiety, Embarrassment, or Depression
- When ejaculation happens before sexual penetration has been achieved, or within about a minute of penetration
The time of your ejaculation makes a difference in your sexual life. Any abnormalities in it can result in an unsatisfied partner; therefore, it should be avoided as much as possible.
Natural Remedies for treating Ejaculation Disorder
Natural treatment for ejaculation disorder can include natural herbs and plants, which Ayurveda have used for many years.
- L- Arginine: Some evidence suggests high doses of L- arginine improve erectile dysfunction by helping blood vessels to open more fully, which improves blood flow to the penis.
- Propionyl- L-Carnitine- When Propionyl-l-carnitine combined with Viagra, could improve erectile function better than when taking Viagra alone. It is considered safe when used under supervision of a doctor.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)- There is some evidence that suggests that DHEA increases libido in women and has a positive effect on men with ED. DHEA appears to be safe at low doses. However, it may cause acne in some cases.
- Ginkgo- Ginkgo may increase blood flow to the penis, which could improve sexual desire and ED. However, this supplement might increase the risk of bleeding. People who are taking blood thinners or who have a bleeding disorder should speak to their doctor before taking gingko.
- Ginseng- There are several types of ginseng available. Many of them have been shown to have a positive effect on ED. Some forms of ginseng may have harmful side effects, including insomnia.
- Yohimbine- The main component of African tree bark, yohimbine is probably one of the most problematic of all-natural remedies for ED. Some research suggests that yohimbine can improve a type of sexual dysfunction that is linked with a drug used to treat depression. Yohimbine should only be used after advice and under supervision from a doctor.
- Horny goat weed (epimedium)- Supposedly, there are substances in the leaves of this herb that improve sexual performance. Epimedium has not been studied in people, and some suggestions might affect heart function.
- Counselling is recommended to treat premature ejaculation. This may include psychotherapy, as well as learning ways to communicate with your partner about sexual dysfunction.
- Medications are used to treat depression and stress.
- Numbing creams are used directly on the genitals to help control premature ejaculation.
- Antidepressant medications such as Paxil and Zoloft are often prescribed and are taken by the patient 2 hours prior to sexual activity.
- Viagra is also prescribed for many men with early ejaculation. Viagra helps to maintain the erection after ejaculation and reduces the refractory time before a second erection can be obtained.
- Sex therapy for early ejaculation includes learning a behavioural program designed to improve self-control.
Are you looking for a health expert around you?
Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe. Download Medikoe's Mobile app and book an appointment with a doctor for free.