Effective Tips To Control Hair Fall
Medikoe Wellness Expert
80 feet road indira nagar, Bengaluru Aug 27, 2019
Hair fall refers to a loss of hair from the head or body. It is also referred to as Alopecia or baldness. When your hair falls excessively from your scalp, it can cause baldness. There are a variety of causes that can lead to hair loss, though the most common and natural one is aging.
Hair is made up of keratin, which is a protein produced within the hair follicles on the uppermost layer of the skin. The follicles keep producing new hair cells and push out the old dead cells. The hair that you see on your head is compact strands made of dead keratinized cells.
Hair fall control tips-
Avoid tying your hair tight.
Do not twist, rub, or pull your hair.
Handle your hair gently while combing and washing.
Avoid using harsh treatments on your hair like curling irons, hot oil treatments, or hot rollers.
Stop taking medications or supplements that could be contributing to hair fall.
Protect your hair from the damaging sun rays by using hats and scarves when you step out.
Hair fall control home remedies-
- Hair Oil Treatment: Though you may not like the idea of sticky, oily hair, application of oils like almond, coconut, and castor seeds, among others, can help your hair in the long term.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Amla (Emblica Officinalis) possesses hair growth-promoting activity. It has a proliferative effect on the dermal papilla cells in the hair follicles
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics, which are known to lead to an acidic pH. An acidic pH can alter your hair cuticles, giving you a shinier mane and preventing damage that may trigger hair breakage and loss
- Onion Juice: According to a study published in the Journal of Dermatology, the topical application of crude onion juice to the scalp can aid hair regrowth, especially in cases of alopecia areata
- Egg Yolk Mask: The water-soluble peptides in egg yolk possess hair growth stimulating properties that may be useful to treat hair loss
What are the causes of alopecia/hair fall?
Causes of hair fall vary from person to person. Here are some causes that should be a sign or symptom of hair fall:
- Physical And Mental Stress: Persistent illness, drastic and excessive weight loss and extreme physical labor can cause the body to get dehydrated and exhausted. This can make the hair follicles undernourished and weak, and cause rapid hair loss.
- Scalp Infection: Fungal, bacterial, and viral infections like seborrhea dermatitis and psoriasis in the scalp can weaken the roots and damage hair follicles, thereby causing thinning, breakage, and hair fall.
- Hereditary Factors: Baldness is often passed down through genes. If your parents have a hair loss problem, likely, you will as well. While this is more evident in men, women too suffer from genetically inherited alopecia.
- Pregnancy: Most women, during, and post-pregnancy, experience frequent dehydration, fatigue, and hormonal imbalance. This causes increased sensitivity in the hair follicles. It also creates unfavorable scalp conditions. All of these factors together lead to chronic hair fall.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal changes in the body increase the sensitivity of hair follicles, weakened hair roots, and can cause excess hair fall. Menopause, ovarian cyst, hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, etc., bring about changes in your body’s hormonal balance, which eventually leads to hair loss.
The best hair falls control oil in the market is Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil For Falling Hair. The best shampoo for hair fall control is TRESemme Hair Fall Defense Shampoo. It is the best hair fall control shampoo available in the Indian market today. The best shampoo for hair fall and dandruff control is Head & Shoulders Smooth And Silky Shampoo. It is a go-to brand for anyone who has dandruff issues plus hair fall.
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.