- by Motherhood Hospital
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Breast feeding is nature’s very own way to nurture a new born under the warm protection of a mother and no other joy could be compared to the bliss a mother feels when she breastfeeds her baby for the very first time. No amount of artificial supplements comes close to meeting the nutrients required for a new born than breast milk. It contains everything that your baby needs in all the right quantities and is in a form that is easy to digest.
Medically, doctors everywhere recommend breastfeeding as the best nutrient for a child. Breast milk has been proven to be beneficial in more than one way. Listed below are some of the reasons why breast milk is the ideal nutrition for your child.
How is breast feeding beneficial?
For a child
Breast milk is a perfect mixture of vitamins and nutrients for a healthy child.
- Breast milk contains anti-bodies that help develop a strong immune system for a child and helps fight viruses and bacteria.
- Reduces the risk of asthma, allergies and ear infections.
- Improves brain development and increases IQ during later stages of childhood.
- Children who are breast fed also gain the right amount of weight as they grow.
- Certain studies show that breast milk also prevents SID (Sudden Death Syndrome) among infants.
- In some studies, breast milk has also shown a reduction to diseases like diabetes, obesity and certain cancers however, more research is required on these subjects.
For a mother
- Breastfeeding burns calories which help new mothers lose pregnancy weight faster.
- It also helps lower the risk of breast and ovarian cancer. While breast feeding, a hormone called oxytocin is released that helps the uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size.
- Helps to save time and money rather than buying supplements and using other expensive alternatives.
- Creates a strong bond between a mother and her child.
Overall, breast feeding is the ultimate bonding factor between a mother and her child. While breast feeding, a child to be carried in the arms of a mother, the eye contact, are all important aspects to create and build that strong emotional connect. It is natural, effective and efficient. Unless recommended otherwise by a doctor, we at MotherhoodTM believe and promote breast feeding. After all, our child’s first meal is a big deal.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this issue is not a substitute for medical advice. All content including text, graphics and images are for general information purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.