- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 23 2017
Better Ways to Measure Your Weight Loss
By stepping on the scale, if the number goes down then you feel so satisfied knowing that you have lost weight and on the other hand when the number goes up, you feel like self-provoked torture.
Fortunately, we have a few better methods to measure your weight without using the scale because it doesn’t really tell you that how much healthy you are.
- Add and track a healthy habit: Instead of keeping a track on how many pounds you have lost, try to keep a track on the healthy habits you have added to your life. Pick a healthy habit like drinking fresh juice or having vegetables in every meal and then track the consistency of this habit.
- Capture your progress pictures: Click your photo after every 2 to 3 weeks of your workout to check the difference. Ideally you should wear the same outfit, stand in the same way, same direction and same place. This will help you notice the changes in your body which you would not be able to notice when you look yourself every day.
- Look at the difference on your skin and the glow: The best way to get the naturally looking glow on your skin is to eat healthy food and exercise. People look most attractive after they work out as working out makes you sweat a lot and that helps in detoxifying the body which ultimately leads to improved skin. You must shower as soon as possible after you exercise so as to avoid pore-clogging buildup. After a few weeks of wholesome diet and exercise, you will begin to notice the improvement in your skin.
- Take daily Evaluation Test: Do the daily assessment of how you feel after you have started exercising and having real whole food. You will experience more energy in you throughout the day after exercising. And it is suggested to focus on how you feel rather than the numbers on the scale.
- You can check it yourself while performing the daily tasks like walking or climbing the stairs or playing with your kids etc. You can compare the difference you feel today and you felt a month ago. If you don’t get exhausted after climbing the stairs that you used to feel earlier then you are doing it right.
- Start on a Benchmark test: Benchmark testing is giving a challenge to yourself and marking down your results and then after 4 weeks or a month check where you are, by re-testing yourself. Testing could be anything from observing how fast you can run a mile or how many squats you can do in one set. It is the best way to see your progress over time.
- Try your old jeans: We all dream to fit back into our old jeans that we used to wear in our college time. You feel amazing with the signs of progress if you actually managed to fit into them. They are more exact signs of fat loss than the shifts on the scale as feeling comfortable in your clothes are more important than the number going down on the scale.
- Sitting & Rising Test: This test will measure your movability, flexibility and stability. The objective is to get down and sit in a crossed-legs position and then get up with minimal support. The perfect score would be 10 points. You have to cross your feet and sit down on a floor and then stand up without losing your balance and without any kind of support. If you touch your thigh or a ground with your hands, knees, arms or side of your leg then you lose a point. Your target is to get the maximum score.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.