- by Dr Paramesh S
- 0 Shares
- Apr 15 2017
Benefits of a Balanced Diet
- Opting for a balanced, adequate and varied diet is an important step towards a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Vitamins and minerals in the diet are vital to boost immunity and healthy development,
- A healthy diet can protect the human body against certain types of diseases, in particular non-communicable diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, some types of cancer and skeletal conditions.
- Healthy diets can also contribute to an adequate body weight.
- Healthy eating is a good opportunity to enrich life by experimenting with different foods from different cultures, origins and with different ways to prepare food.
Balanced Diets for Adults
|Adult Man||Adult Woman|
|Sedentary work||Moderate work||Heavy work||Sedentary|
|Cereals and millets||470||550||750||370||450||575|
|Roots and tubers||50||60||80||50||50||60|
|Fats and oils||30||40||45||20||25||30|
|Sugar / Jaggery||30||40||50||25||30||30|
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.