- by Soul Kshetra
- 0 Shares
- Feb 11 2017
BENEFITS OF COOKING IN CLAY
Earthenware has always been a very important part of Indian homes.Cooking with earthen cookware dates back to our earliest and oldest civilizations. With time people started inclining towards metal and other kinds kitchen utensils but now again people have started going towards earthenware not just for storing water and keeping it cool but also for cooking. Reasons are many and we are happy to share some with you:-
- Being porous in nature Earthen pots or Mitti cookware allows easy circulation of heat and moisture which his helpful in slow and delicate cooking.
- Earthenwarelocks in all the steam and vapour that evaporates during cooking and retaining all theflavour and nutrients of the food.
- Earthenware help in neutralising the pH balance of the food as it is alkaline in nature and interacts with the acid present in the food. It gives some natural sweetness while cooking to foods like tomatoes which are acidic in nature.
- It's bio-degradable, disposable and does not react with the food.
How to use your earthenware:
- Before you start cooking in the earthen cookware fill the pan with water or buttermilk for 2 days, which gives the cookware better strength.
- When you cook first keep the gas on low flame and rise the temperature gradually as it may crack due to sudden rise and fall in temperature.
- Don't add cold water or both in a pre-heated earthen cookware.
- Before washing it, take out all the food from the cookware and then fill it with water. Leave for 10 minutes before washing. Please use soft brush and mild soap.
- Do not put earthenware with other kind of cookware in dishwasher to avoid scratches
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.