- by Arth - An Ayurvedic Health Center
- 1 Shares
- Feb 24 2017
Ayurveda for Sexual Dysfunctional problems
Ayurveda is an age old natural medicine practice that finds its roots in the Vedas prevalent since ancient India. A core part of being a human is human sexuality and origin. Sexual disorders are common and they can be faced by anyone from any walk of life. While in most cases, the cause of the disorder can be related with certain lifestyle changes or a physical complication, the reason behind many sexual disorders is not easily traced.
Common Male Sexual Disorders:
• Erectile Dysfunction
• Premature ejaculation
• Inhibited ejaculation
• Low libido
Common Female Sexual Disorders:
• Inhibited sexual desire
• Inability to be aroused
• Anorgasmia (lack of orgasm)
• Painful intercourse
What causes Sexual Dysfunction?
• Low testosterone levels
• Prescription drugs (antidepressants, high blood pressure medicine)
• Stroke or nerve damage from diabetes or surgery
• Alcoholism and drug abuse
• Psychological relationship problems
• Blood vessel disorders such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and high blood pressure
• Work-related stress and anxiety
Ayurvedic treatment for Sexual Dysfunction Problems
The imbalance of the body’s energies can be effectively dealt with a combination of Ayurvedic treatments, herbs and meditation. Ayurveda defines sexual problems and disorders as a consequence of an aggravated vata (airy element).
Useful Home remedies:
• Ashvagandha: Two to four grams of powdered root can be taken daily with sugar, honey, long pepper and ghee in the treatment of these conditions. Beneficial in curing female sterility and involuntary ejaculations in males.
• Asparagus: Primarily used as a rejuvenator for the reproductive system, the dried roots of asparagus are also used in Ayurveda as an aphrodisiac.
• Shilajit: Available mostly in the form of capsules, they help in increasing the libido and renewing vitality.
• Garlic: Regarded as a safe and natural aphrodisiac, garlic in any form is a tonic for loss of sexual power.
• Ginger: The juice extracted from ginger proves valuable in the treatment of impotency, premature ejaculation and sexual weakness. Half a teaspoon of ginger juice can be taken with a half-boiled egg and honey, once daily at night for a month, to see effective results.
The Vajikarana therapy is the total treatment of sexual dysfunction for both men and women in Ayurveda. It helps with the satisfaction of mind, aphrodisiacs, virility and improving the health of progeny.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.