- by Portea Homecare
- 1 Shares
- Apr 05 2017
8 Must-Eat Foods For That Healthy, Glowing Skin
Considering the lifestyle and significant rise in pollution levels, it is no surprise that our skin suffers the most. Over time, skin becomes rough and loses its glow. Though the tropical products promise to provide sure solutions to such skin miseries, most of them fail and fall flat on all the tall claims they make.
You can, however, put all these pesky skin problems behind you if you decide to incorporate a few foods in your daily diet. Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, etc. can turn off the inflammatory genes as well as promote the growth and strengthening of the health tissues.
10 such foods and their benefits are discussed below:
Indian gooseberry or Amla
Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin A, Amla offers a one stop solution to your skin problems. Amla promotes the collagen production of the skin which not only fights all the complications but also gives your skin a more radiant glow. The best time to consume Amla is in the morning in empty stomach. You can either eat it raw or drink its juice.
Amla offers the following benefits:
- Brightens your skin
- Fights premature ageing
- Reduces pigmentation
- Exfoliates and cleanses skin
- Repairs damaged tissues
- Treats pimples and acne
- Tightens skin and makes it soft and supple
An apple a day keeps skin hazards at bay. Apples are rich in Vitamin C which can do wonders for your skin. Including this fruit in your daily diet will boost the content of collagen in your skin.
An apple everyday helps you to get:
- Brighter and more radiant complexion
- Hydrated skin free of acne, dark spot, wrinkles and blemishes
- Firm skin by fighting off ageing
- Protection against sun’s harmful UV rays
- Immunity against skin cancer
Tomatoes are rich in natural minerals and vitamins as well as antioxidants. It contains the antioxidant called lycopene in large quantities. Lycopene has amazing anti-ageing properties. It also fights off the harmful UV rays of the sun. Some of the benefits obtained from tomatoes include:
- It acts as a natural sunscreen
- Acts as a natural stress reliever
- Facilitates glowing skin
- Fights cellular damage
- Eliminates signs of ageing
Carrots are often considered the powerhouse for healthy and glowing skin. They are rich in beta carotene (a powerful antioxidant), Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These boost the collagen production of the skin and help combat the problems that make your skin rough and dull. You can eat them raw or cooked.
Carrots offer the following benefits:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Fight oily skin problems like pimples, acne, large pores, dark spots, etc.
- Prevent degeneration of cells
- Slow down ageing
- Impart the natural glow to your skin
Pink in color, beetroots are loaded with minerals and vitamins which give your skin a pinkish glow. They are rich in anti-inflammatory properties, anthocyanins (a powerful antioxidant), copper, potassium, iron, niacin and Vitamin C. Drinking a glass of beetroot juice therefore will purify your blood as well as boost your immune system. It also helps to fight the signs of unhealthy skin.
Beetroots help your skin by:
- Preventing skin breakouts such as acne, pimples, etc
- Reducing blemishes, dark spots and dark eye circles
- Rendering the skin toxin free
- Moisturizing skin and making it soft, supple and glowing
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of antioxidants, Vitamin A, B, C, K and E and minerals such as zinc, selenium, magnesium, phosphorous, etc. It also contains essential fatty acids. Thus, eating a hand full of these seeds every day will work like magic on your skin, putting an end to all your worries.
Pumpkin seeds offer the following benefits to your skin:
- Promote cell regeneration
- Improve skin tone
- Reduce instances of open pores
- Brighten your complexion
- Regulate oil production
- Prevent skin from pollutants and UV rays
- Regulate oil production of the skin
Drinking bitter gourd juice early in the morning will impart the natural glow to your skin. Bitter gourds contain antioxidant, Vitamin C, minerals, etc. which promote purification of blood. It also acts as an excellent body detoxifier. It offers the following benefits:
- Prevents cell damage
- Prevents oxidation of DNA
- Enhances collagen production
- Eliminates skin blemishes, heat rashes and dark spots
- Imparts a natural and radiant glow to your skin
Sweet potatoes are rich in anti-inflammatory ingredients, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. This vegetable, if included in your regular diet, fights against acne causing bacteria and improves your skin tone. Sweet potatoes also:
- Act as a natural tan remover
- Treat puffy eyes and dark eye circles
- Heal cracked heels
- Moisturize the skin and maintains its elasticity
- Repair cell damage and prevents skin cancer
- Cure oily skin problems like pimples, excessive oil secretion, etc.
- Help prevent early ageing
Along with incorporating these foods in your daily regimen, don’t skip drinking copious amounts of water and exercise regularly. You will be surprised to see the change your skin undergoes within weeks.
Health is wealth-the old adage always holds true, and there is no denying the fact that health should always be your top priority. To ensure that you always operate at the peak of your health, it is advisable to have a trusted health adviser with you. Download Portea’s mobile app and get expert health care advice at the comfort of your home.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.