- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
6 Tips to Prevent Asthma Attacks
More than half of the global population is worried about Asthma and getting a sure shot cure for the health issue is really tough. Severe and continuous coughing and wheezing are the primary asthma symptoms and the main causes that trigger the problem include the pollution, unbearable cold environment, allergies from chemicals or specific fragrances, flu virus etc. Asthma has been a vital topic for medical researchers for a long while but the medical experts are still not able to discover a cure that is 100% efficient for the Asthma treatment. There is no specific trigger of Asthma that incite the sudden asthma attack for every Asthma patient. The triggers may vary for different Asthma patients. The first thing is to identify the causes due to which a patient faces frequent Asthma attacks and keep the patient away from those triggers as much as possible. Depending on the years of Asthma treatments, the highly effective and reliable tips that can help an Asthma patient avoid the sudden attack are mentioned below.
- Say No to Smoking – Smoking affects the lungs severely, especially when you are going through the Asthma trouble. In most of the Asthma cases, the rate of wheezing or coughing steps up when the patient is exposed to a smoky environment. An asthma patient must not allow anyone to smoke around them or avoid places where he/she is prone to smoke. Not only the tobacco smoke but any kind of smoke inside the home must be removed using exhauster appliance.
- Avoid Stress – Too much excitement also acts as a trigger to Asthma attack. Try to remain in a balanced state. Accept all kinds of emotional stuff lightly. Find a workplace that offers you a serene atmosphere and a tolerable pressure of work. Avoid arguments with people.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures – Try to make yourself comfortable in a normal temperature. Avoid excessively hot or chilled environment exposure. Keep the Air Condition temperature normal. Say goodbye to the humid environment. The fresh morning environment exposure is a good natural treatment for Asthma.
- Maintain Cleanliness Around – Dust is the most trigger for Asthma patients. Whether you are an Asthma patient or not, you may be allergic to dust and find yourself in a terrible sneezing situation after the dust exposure. It is better to keep the household interiors clean. Maintain regular cleaning.
- Remove Damp inside Home – Damp also adds on to Asthma attacks and you must have a dehumidifier in your home. Try to keep your bathroom and kitchen area free of damp and humidity.
- Stay Away from Insects and Animals – Most Asthma patients are allergic to different pets and insects. Keep disinfectant liquid or spray at home and avoid the contact with any kind of animal if you are not really sure about which animal triggers the Asthma attacks in you.
- Get Flu Vaccine – Medical experts suggest taking flu vaccine during Asthma to lessen the probability of the attacks.
- Food & Fitness – Asthma patients are usually prescribed a special diet chart. You can’t have everything that fascinates you when you are suffering from Asthma. Try going for the prescribed organic food and avoid the fast food.
As it is said – “prevention is better than cure”, one must take care of the triggers or possible triggers to avoid a huge medical expense for Asthma treatment. Visit your nearest healthcare center at least once a month and let your doc know about your present Asthma status.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.