- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Dec 30 2017
5 ways Bitter Gourd is beneficial for your health
Despite its bitter taste, bitter gourd commonly called Karela is consumed because of its health benefits. It is packed with many vital vitamins like B1, B2, B3 and C. It is also a rich source of iron, calcium, beta-carotene and minerals like zinc, folate, potassium etc.
- Drinking raw bitter gourd juice everyday provides daily dose of vitamins and antioxidants.
- The anti-oxidative properties removes toxins present in the blood and purify it. This helps improve blood circulation and cure blood disorders.
- Anti-microbial properties of karela helps in treating skin problems, acne and rashes. Additionally it also prevents the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bitter gourd improves the metabolism of the system by stimulating the liver to secrete bile which helps in breaking down the fats. It is a low calorie vegetable which aids in weight loss and fat metabolism.
- A rich source of Vitamin C and its antiviral properties boost immunity and improve digestion.
- A great food for diabetic people as it has an insulin like protein which helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd improves skin health as it eliminates acne, blemishes and infections giving clear, glowing skin.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.