- by Portea HomeCare
- 2 Shares
- May 24 2017
3 Super foods That Don’t Cost the Moon And Are Easily Available
What exactly are super foods? Pop culture and mainstream media would probably conjure mental images in your mind of exotic foods such as Goji Berries, Quinoa, Blueberries, Kale, and Chia seeds. Basically, fancy stuff that’s available only at a gourmet store at exorbitant prices. But did you know that you could get the same health benefits from certain foods that are abundantly available even at your local mom and pop store at the fraction of a cost? How? There are basically 2 features of a super food that differentiates it from the various other different kinds of food out there. These are:
Food to Rule them All– The most essential criterion of a super food is that it should contain an overtly rich and diverse array of nutrients that are beneficial to the body in myriad ways. It packs a punch in terms of vitamins, minerals, and polyphenols that keep you fitter, healthier, thinner and increase your lifespan by fighting chronic diseases including diabetes, obesity, heart disease etc.
They’re A+, literally– Super foods contain a rich dose of the “A word” that is known to be miraculous for your health and well-being, implying antioxidants. For the uninitiated, antioxidants are compounds that are available in certain foods and effectively prevent life-threatening diseases such as cancer like no other element.
Hence if you’ve wanted in on these miraculous foods but thought they were too elusive, you were SO WRONG! Here’s 3 items that can be termed “Superfoods” and are abundantly available without you having to visit the moon itself to get them:
You could not get more down to earth with this particular super food- both literally and metaphorically! This food with its humble origins (It’s grown underground) is available practically everywhere and has often been described as a culinary and medicinal marvel. This is based on its flavour, anti-bacterial properties as well as the numerous ways it helps our body.
- In (morning) Sickness and Good Health- Ginger is helpful in treating conditions such as nausea, dizziness and cold sweats. Therefore, pregnant women are often advised to consume ginger to relieve morning sickness.
- Ginger has your back (Literally)- Gingerol is an ingredient present in ginger, which helps relieve arthritis.
- Ginger is always a good idea. Period. (Or not)- This herb relieves menstrual cramps in a jiffy! So, sipping a cuppa ginger tea at that time of the month is a fantastic idea.
- #JustGinger for your Heart- Ginger reduces risk of heart disease and drastically brings down blood sugar thus displaying anti-diabetic benefits also.
- Helps Enjoy your food 100%- Ginger helps with chronic indigestion substantially.
- Fights these Villains: Ginger wards off “bad” cholesterol thereby reducing risk of heart disease
- Supports your #WillToSurvive- Studies suggest that ginger has cancer-fighting substances that are effective against pancreatic cancer, breast cancer and ovarian cancer. However more research is needed to confirm these studies.
- Ginger Matters for your Grey Matter- It improves working memory and brain function while protecting against brain degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
On a date, garlic maybe your worst enemy (Smelly breath!). Outside of a date, you’d do well to make it your BFF! It’s really quite easy to find. And it’s one of the healthiest foods you can find. Here’s why:
- #WeightLossGoals- For all the nutrients it packs, garlic is extremely low on calories! It contains incredible amounts of Vitamin C, B6 and Manganese, traces of other nutrients, and almost zero calories.
- Finally a Cure for the Common Cold- Studies have found that garlic extract can decrease the number of sick days owing to cold or flu by a whopping 61%!
- Takes the Pressure Off- Studies show that garlic in significant quantities (4 cloves a day) is as effective in reducing blood pressure as the drug Atenolol over a 6-month period.
- A Hearty Herb- Garlic improves your cholesterol level and thereby reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Keeps you Brains and Bones Strong- Garlic fights against brain degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Studies also suggest that garlic is beneficial for bone health in women.
- Green Tea:
Ah! Green tea! In how many ways do I Love thee? Extremely refreshing and tasty- green tea is the perfect antidote to many a woe and is often touted as the healthiest beverage out there. And it’s there practically everywhere. From office coffee machines to your local kirana stores.
- Storehouse of Bioactive Compounds- Apart from consisting antioxidants such as flavonoids and catechins, green tea contains EGCG- an uber-powerful antioxidant that imparts it with (almost) life-changing medicinal properties that fight against almost every disease known to mankind.
2. Go Green for Greater Productivity- Green tea literally makes you smarter. The key ingredient present in it that stimulates the brain is caffeine (Predictably). However without causing the jitters that coffee does. Moreover, the amino acid L-theanine compound that is exclusively present in this wonder–beverage not only has anti-anxiety effects but also combines with caffeine for more synergistic action in improving brain function.
3. Helps you Live Long and Strong- Green tea fights Cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, lowers risk of Type 2 Diabetes as well as Cardiovascular Disease. Phew. Drink up. Already!
4. Keeps you Smiling- Apart from reducing bad breath, green tea also prevents plaque formation – which is the primary cause for dental decay and diseases such as caries.
All these Super foods can transform your life by ensuring superb health and happiness. So get started on these to look and feel good whether on the Moon or Earth. Want to know more about super foods and how to lead a healthy and active life? Call 1800 121 2323 to know more or write to email@example.com
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.